Sunday, August 16, 2009

My current project; Harry Potter-esque Hat Shop!




"The Howling Hat Shoppe" is what's been keeping me occupied the last week or so.
I got the Houseworks Street of Shops to make a little mini Diagon Alley.
The one I've been working on is the the small, one window shop.
I bought several of Kat's (Kat the Hat Lady) hats. Some I got to decorate myself. I love that :)
I was going to put them in the "Imperium Draconis" dollhouse on the 2nd floor but, I thought it would be much more fun to do a dollhouse dedicated to just selling the hats.
I'm in the process of figuring out how to age the copper over the window, and even if I want to attempt. it but, I really think it needs the aging.
Here of some pics of the process.

6 comments:

  1. Monica what a great collection of Witches hats. Kat's Hats are wonderful. Looking forward to seeing more..x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hat shop is such a good idea. I can't wait to see more of it as well as the rest of your mini Diagon Alley!

    Here's a way to simulate patina copper using paint:
    http://minisontheedge.blogspot.com/2009/04/transform-plain-wood-dollhouse-roof.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Debbie! Her hats are little individual treasures :)
    Hugs,
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awsome Mary! Thank so much for tutorial!
    I'm going to be practicing on some cardboard 1st.
    Hugs,
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this fascinating post, I am happy I observed this website on Google. Not just content, in fact, the whole site is fantastic. restaurant to let york

    ReplyDelete